Employee engagement and motivation platform
Attendance Tracking & Time Clock Software: An Overview
Companies and HR departments use Time & Attendance Software to make time tracking easier. To manage company time and attendance data, these solutions automate calculating all hours worked, vacation time, holidays, sick days, and overtime. Clocks, the web, phones, and tablets, to name a few, are all alternatives for using time and attendance software to clock in and out. In addition, some systems may include additional features like scheduling and visibility into overtime causes and patterns.
Employee self-service portals are available in some time and attendance software, allowing employees to view full timecard details. Although time and attendance tools are frequently incorporated as built-in capabilities in workforce management software, these solutions should not be mistaken. To export all employee attendance data, time and attendance systems often link with payroll software or payroll service providers.
Features of Attendance Tracking & Time Clock Software:
- Time Reporting: Modern timekeeping systems can integrate with existing time clocks, or employees can clock in and out using a web browser or mobile app and also calculate overtime automatically.
- Biometrics: Specific time and attendance systems require employees to clock in or out using a code, badge, fingerprint, or photo. This ensures that you only pay accurately for the time your employees worked.
- Gps tracking: Many time and attendance apps feature geotechnology and allow employees to clock in and out from their mobile devices.
- Scheduling employees: Many time and attendance systems provide scheduling capabilities. Employee schedules can be created for workdays, hours, appointments, and shifts.
- PTO monitoring: Most time and attendance systems allow you to track sick time, vacation time, and other paid and unpaid time off, such as FMLA, jury duty, etc.
- Messaging: Many systems have messaging capabilities that enable your employees and management to communicate directly within the platform.
- Job and project tracking: Some systems track how much time employees spend on a particular project or job, which is a helpful tool for companies that bill clients for the time their employees spend on project work and client tasks.
Benefits of Attendance Tracking & Time Clock Software:
- Precise time tracking: By relying on electronic data collected when employees clock in and out, time and attendance software prevents time theft and lowers human error.
- Increase in productivity: Time and attendance software can complete activities that take humans longer to finish in minutes. Employees can focus on other duties, resulting in increased productivity.
- An increase in the amount of money saved: Eliminating payroll errors and time theft and increasing productivity will result in a direct rise in your company's savings.
- Employees are encouraged to accept responsibility for their actions: Employees have 24/7 access to their time records. This motivates employees to keep track of their performance while highlighting areas for improvement.
- Increased compliance with the Labor Laws: The Department of Labor can audit your company. You'll be able to supply the essential records at a moment's notice, thanks to the data collected by automatic time and attendance software.
Make sure to read up more on Attendance Tracking and Time Clock Softwares